Now that the marathon and half marathon medals have been released we thought it was time to do a updated guide of the medals you can get at the Liverpool Rock n Roll weekend on the 28th and 29th May and what you need to get them. There’s a possibility of up 6 medals (8 medals if you’ve done a previous RnR event like Madrid) so let’s go through them all (hopefully in some type of logical order). We’ll update this guide when more information about Dublin becomes available (there should be an announcement in the near future)
1) Half/Marathon medal – Sadly it’s not possible to get them both but given how incredibly awesome them are we’ve very happy just to get one. We love the Liverpool are brining the 80’s back and the colour combination (reminiscent of the 5k medal last year) makes it very pretty and stops it being too blokeish.
How do I get it? Just sign up for and run the half marathon or full marathon
2) 5k medal (the only medal to be revealed but is our fav) – The 5k is held the Saturday before the half marathon/marathon. It’s a very nice flat and fast course and it has an epic finish inside the Echo Areana.
How do I get it? Just sign up for and run the 5k
3) Family Fun Run medal – The 1 mile fun run starts at 1pm on the Sunday this year so if you running the half (which starts at 9am) or are a very fast marathon (10am) runner then it is possible to do both.
How do I get it? Just sign up for and run the fun run. If you can run the half in 4 hours or the marathon in 3 hours it is possible to do both.
Now we get to the bonus medals:
4)Remix medal – There are no words to say how much we loooooooovvvveeeeeee the remix medals this year and with rumours that we may be seeing them again at another event closer to home this year we’re pretty excited. A spinning plec in a guitar, come on, and they ain’t small either. Every RnR race with an encore medal is using the same design for their remix medals this year with each personalised to it’s race location by colour.
How do I get it? Just sign up for the Saturday 5k and any Sunday race (including the fun run) and that’s it. The clever RnR admin will do the rest and link your entries together so make sure they have the same name and dob. You’ll be given details closer to the time of where to collect your remix medal after your Sunday race
5) Encore medal – Rewarding legacey and loyal runners is not something that really happens in the UK as much a the US which is why this medal is so great. It’s not just a chunk of medal thrown at you so you can go ‘ohh more medals’ it’s a thank you. A way for the race organisers to say you’ve stuck with us for another year and we want to reward you for that (And those who’ve stuck with them for three years will get their name on a special display).
How do I get it? You must have ran the half/full last year and then sign up for and run the half or full this year. It can be any combination of the two distances. The clever RnR admin will do the rest and link your entries together so make sure they have the same name and dob. You’ll be given details closer to the time of where to collect your remix medal after you finish the half/full.
6) Run, Rock n Raise medal – A concept that was used by Rock n Roll a while back (we have the medal in our gallery) has now been brought to Liverpool. Running on behalf of a charity actually gets you VIP status at Liverpool RnR. You’ll get this extra medal along with free race entry, a special race bib, VIP start area and a free finish line photo.
How do I get it? Visit https://rocknroll-ukie.realbuzz.com/ for more details and to see the charity listings
The next two medals require you to do more than one RnR weekend but it is possible to get them for running Liverpool if you have done another event (such as Madrid) already in the same calender year. Liverpool can count towards these medals also so if, for example, you decide to also run RnR Dublin then you will get these medals after you complete the Dublin RnR half (which is a really great race).
7) World Rocker medal – You literally get the whole world in your hand and it’s a pretty hefty world at that. The medal is the same as last year but as it’s only the second year with this design that’s to be expected (RnR always say that the sooner people earn them all the sooner the design will change). If you have two you can always use them as weights, they’re that heavy.
How do I get it? Just sign up for and run a RnR half or full in two different countries withon one calendar year. It can be any combination of the two distances. The clever RnR admin will do the rest and link your entries together so make sure they have the same name and dob. You’ll be given details closer to the time of where to collect your medal after you finish your second half/full.
8) Heavy medals – We shared the link for these medals so many times last year that we must be responsible from at least a little post man back ache from having to post so many in the North West. It’s such a great concept, for each additional RnR half/full (up to 10) that you run in a calendar year you’ll be sent a Heavy medal. So for two races you get Double Beat, for three races the Rock Trio and so one. Basically they’re rewarding you for going on tour with them. Again, the medals are the same as last year they’re so great that we don’t care (You can always not sign up for 2016 if you don’t want duplicates or use them for something special like the first time your friend runs a 5k or someit)
How do I get it? This is the only medal where you need to register separately from your race entries and you have to re-enter every calendar year. The medals will also be posted to you within a few months of the qualifying event but you’ll get an email to say it’s on the way. To register and to see the complete collection of all 10 Heavy medals (we will get them all one year) go to http://www.runrocknroll.com/medals/?section=heavy-medals